Delphi Technical Center Rochester Vehicle Emissions Testing Laboratory
The Vehicle Emissions Testing Laboratory at the Delphi Technical Center Rochester (TCR) offers vehicle manufacturers and automotive component suppliers three state-of-the-art test chambers, including one with environmental capability for engine and exhaust aftertreatment development and regulatory compliance support. Real-time modal and tailpipe emissions data can be collected for the following requirements:
- U. S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- California Air Resources Board (CARB)
- European regulatory schedules (ECE)
- Extra Urban Driving Cycle (EUDC)
- Asian regulatory schedules
- Custom tailored testing and development
The TCR Vehicle Emissions Testing Laboratory has validation resources that have been enhanced over the years through collaboration with major manufacturers around the world. Testing is conducted by a highly trained and experienced staff that understands the challenges facing manufacturers today. Complete confidentiality for testing is assured. Laboratory services are conducted to meet individual customer schedules at a competitive cost. Professional, experienced account management provides customers with single-point contact to streamline test coordination.
Delphi's TCR Vehicle Emissions Testing Laboratory supports customers who do not have in-house testing capabilities, or require "overflow" testing services.
The Control Room for the Environmental Capable Chamber in the Vehicle Emissions Testing Laboratory at Delphi's Technical Center Rochester
The Environmental Capable Chamber in the Vehicle Emissions Testing Laboratory at Delphi's Technical Center Rochester
Delphi's Vehicle Emissions Testing Laboratory at the TCR includes one non-environmental ambient test site and one environmental test site. All sites offer bag and modal testing and particulate measurement. The lab offers the following:
- All TCR Emissions Sites
- EPA regulatory schedules, including: US06, EPA75, and HWFET
- CARB schedules, including: LEV 1 and LEV 2 (Low Emissions Vehicle), SULEV (Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle), and TLEV (Transitional Low Emissions Vehicle)
- Various European regulatory schedules, including ECE and ECE+EUDC
- Various Asian regulatory schedules, including 10-15 mode and 11 mode
- Hybrid vehicle and component support services
- Custom schedules and testing available upon request
- 3-bench modal system
- Various exhaust gas emissions measurements, including post-engine and post-catalyst
- Fuel economy compliance measurement (U.S.)
- Particulate measurement (number, mass and size distribution)
- Emissions Testing Site 1
- 48-inch single roll dynamometer measures typical driving cycles
- Ambient emissions capability
- Vehicle Testing Site 2
- 24-inch twin roll dynamometer measures typical driving cycles
- Emissions Testing Site 3
- 48-inch single roll moveable dynamometer measures typical driving cycles
- Environmental emissions capability (-40°C to 50°C)
The Delphi Advantage
Through the development of world class products for the global vehicle market, Delphi's Technical Center Rochester provides a one stop environmental test location to support a customer's product development requirements. TCR's vast capabilities can expose products to the most stringent transportation and military standards. Delphi offers quick turnaround time and maintains customer confidentiality.
TCR is a development location for several Delphi ISO/TS 16949 certified manufacturing sites. It is part of Delphi's network of state-of-the-art technical centers around the world.
Delphi is a leading global supplier of a broad range of technologies with manufacturing, engineering and customer support facilities in 30 countries. Delphi's products are engineered to meet the rigorous standards of the automotive industry, but Delphi technologies are also used in many other industries. We leverage a rich heritage and extensive technical knowledge to offer customers an array of innovative, cost competitive solutions.
Delphi Powertrain Systems
Technical Center Rochester
5500 West Henrietta Road
West Henrietta, New York 14586