Delphi Technical Center Rochester Component Testing Laboratory
The Component Testing Laboratory at the Delphi Technical Center Rochester (TCR) can subject components to a variety of accelerated environmental tests including:
- Corrosive salt spray
- Temperature and humidity
- Thermal shock
Testing in the Component Test Lab is conducted by a highly trained and experienced staff that understands the challenges facing manufacturers today. Laboratory services are conducted to meet individual customer schedules at a competitive cost. Professional, experienced account management provides customers with single-point contact to streamline test coordination.
Delphi's TCR Component Testing Laboratory support customers who do not have in-house testing, or require "overflow" testing services.
Temperature and Humidity Environmental Chamber
Thermal Shock Chamber
The Component Testing Laboratory at Delphi's TCR offers the following facilities:
- Corrosion salt spray chamber:
- Maximum size: 72 in. x 42 in. x 42 in. (1.82 m x 1.07 m x 1.07 m)
- ASTM-B117 steady state fog at 35°C
- Cyclic corrosion: 8 hours at ambient temperature with four salt sprays, 8 hours at 49°C with high humidity, 8 hours at 60°C for dry out
- Dust chamber:
- Temperature range from ambient to 120°C
- Chamber size: 48 in. x 48 in. x 48 in. (1.2 m x 1.2 m x 1.2 m)
- Dust density: 40% (0.3 gms./cu. ft.) using Arizona Coarse Test Dust
- Air velocity from 5 mph to 30 mph (8 kph to 48 kph)
- Vacuum and pressure available at stand to cycle samples
- Temperature and humidity environmental chambers:
- Temperature range from -70°C to 185°C
- 3 degree/minute ramp rate
- 20% to 95% relative humidity
- Maximum size: 47 in. x 49 in. x 47 in. (1.18 m x 1.23 m x 1.18 m)
- Thermal shock chambers:
- Temperature range from -70°C to 200°C
- Transition time: <30 seconds
- Maximum payload: 200 lbs. (90.7 k)
- Maximum sixe: 25 in. x 25 in. x 22 in. (0.63 m x 0.63 m x 0.59 m)
The Delphi Advantage
Through the development of world class products for the global vehicle market, Delphi's Technical Center Rochester provides a one stop environmental test location to support a customer's product development requirements. TCR's vast capabilities can expose products to the most stringent transportation and military standards. Delphi offers quick turnaround time and maintains customer confidentiality.
TCR is a development location for several Delphi ISO/TS 16949 certified manufacturing sites. It is part of Delphi's network of state-of-the-art technical centers around the world.
Delphi is a leading global supplier of a broad range of technologies with manufacturing, engineering and customer support facilities in 30 countries. Delphi's products are engineered to meet the rigorous standards of the automotive industry, but Delphi technologies are also used in many other industries. We leverage a rich heritage and extensive technical knowledge to offer customers an array of innovative, cost competitive solutions.
Delphi Powertrain Systems
Technical Center Rochester
5500 West Henrietta Road
West Henrietta, New York 14586