Customer Technology Center Michigan (U.S.A.)
Delphi Customer Technology Center Michigan Vehicle Test Laboratory
The Vehicle Test Laboratory at the Delphi Customer Technology Center Michigan (CTCM) is designed to support virtually any automotive component or system development activity at a vehicle or powertrain system level. The Lab can create complete powertrain systems development vehicles and portable test carts which serve as "rolling laboratories" for powertrain systems development teams. The Lab can also provide test trip assistance and development activity support at customer sites.
Activities in Delphi's Vehicle Test Laboratory are conducted by a highly trained and experienced staff that understands the challenges facing manufacturers today. Laboratory services are conducted according to industry standards and designed to meet individual customer schedules and enable competitive costs. Professional, experienced account management provides customers with single-point contact to streamline test coordination.
The Vehicle Test Laboratory offers quick turnaround time and maintains customer confidentiality. Delphi supports customers who do not have in-house testing, or require "overflow" testing services.
Advanced powertrain controls development using a test cart is underway at the Delphi CTCM Vehicle Test Lab.
Installing exhaust sensors for development testing in the Delphi CTCM Vehicle Test Lab.
The Vehicle Test Laboratory at Delphi's CTCM offers the following facilities:
- 12,800 sq. ft. service area featuring 14 hoist bays, seven flat bays and a vehicle wash bay
- Fully equipped Vehicle Test Room certified to National Electrical Code (NEC) Class I Division 2 standards for fuel handling
- Component and systems development support for:
- Automotive gasoline and diesel engine management systems
- Engine management systems for small engines (non-automotive)
- Automotive heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems
- Instrumentation systems
- Portable powertrain and emissions cart development and build
- Additional CTCM facilities supporting the Vehicle Test Lab include:
- Vehicle Emissions Lab
- Engine and Chassis Dynamometers
- Environmental Chambers
- Vibration Lab
- Acoustics Lab with Anechoic Chamber
- Air Flow Lab
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Lab
- Materials Lab
- Fabrication and Machine Shop
The Delphi Advantage
Delphi's Customer Technology Center Michigan supports hundreds of customers worldwide in the design, development, testing and validation of their products. It is certified to ISO/TS 16949 Standard for Supplier Quality Management Systems. It is part of Delphi's network of state-of-the-art technical centers around the world.
Delphi is a leading global supplier of a broad range of technologies with manufacturing facilities located in more than 30 countries. Delphi's products are engineered to meet the rigorous standards of the automotive industry, but Delphi technologies are also used in many other industries. We leverage a rich heritage and extensive technical knowledge to offer customers an array of innovative, cost competitive solutions.
Vehicle Test Lab Supervisor
Delphi Powertrain Systems
Customer Technology Center Michigan
3000 University Drive
Auburn Hills, Michigan 48326