Customer Technology Center Michigan (U.S.A.)
Delphi Customer Technology Center Michigan Acoustics Laboratory
The Acoustics Laboratory at the Delphi Customer Technology Center Michigan (CTCM) performs validation and development testing services on automotive components and assemblies consistent with industry standards in the following areas:
- Component level in a semi-anechoic chamber
- Vehicle level and large components in a quiet room
- Sound intensity
- Dynamic fluid pressure pulsation measurement
- Force, vibration and modal bench testing at the component level
- Data playback
- Sound quality analysis
- A to B noise file comparison
- Noise file filtering
Testing in Delphi's Acoustics Laboratory is conducted by a highly trained and experienced staff that understands the challenges facing manufacturers today. Laboratory services are conducted to meet individual customer schedules and at a competitive cost. Professional, experienced account management provides customers with single-point contact to streamline test coordination.
The Acoustics Laboratory offers quick turnaround time and maintains customer confidentiality. Delphi supports customers who do not have in-house testing, or require "overflow" testing services.
The Binaural Artificial Head is used in Delphi's Semi-Anechoic Chamber and in vehicles to simulate human hearing.
The Acoustics Laboratory at Delphi's CTCM offers the following:
- 12 ft.by 12 ft. (3.66 m by 3.66 m) wedge tip to wedge tip
- 125 Hz cutoff frequency
- Quiet Room:
- 15 ft. by 28 ft. (4.57 m by 8.53 m) divided into two rooms
- Sound Quality Listening Room
- Multi-channel Data Acquisition System
- Binaural Artificial Head
- Mobile 4-channel Data Acquisition Unit
- 16-channel 50 kHz Data Acquisition Unit
- Scanning Laser Vibrometer
- Modal Shaker/Amplifier
- Dynamic Pressure Transducers
- Incidence ½ in. (12.7 mm) Condenser Microphone
The Delphi Advantage
Delphi's Customer Technology Center Michigan supports hundreds of customers worldwide in the design, development, testing and validation of their products. It is certified to ISO/TS 16949 Standard for Supplier Quality Management Systems. It is part of Delphi's network of state-of-the-art technical centers around the world.
Delphi is a leading global supplier of a broad range of technologies with manufacturing facilities located in more than 30 countries. Delphi's products are engineered to meet the rigorous standards of the automotive industry, but Delphi technologies are also used in many other industries. We leverage a rich heritage and extensive technical knowledge to offer customers an array of innovative, cost competitive solutions.
Common Labs Supervisor
Delphi Powertrain Systems
Customer Technology Center Michigan
3000 University Drive
Auburn Hills, Michigan 48326