Customer Technology Center Michigan (U.S.A.)
Delphi Customer Technology Center Michigan Automotive Antenna Test Facility
The Automotive Antenna Test Facility is a service of the Delphi Customer Technology Center Michigan (CTCM) and is designed to support automotive manufacturers and antenna systems suppliers with complete antenna testing and development services. Its outdoor test range, conveniently located near North American customers, offers a clear, low interference setting well-suited to enable reliable, accurate antenna testing.
The Automotive Antenna Test Facility offers a 24-foot diameter turntable, a source tower with automated polarizer for terrestrial transmission testing, and a secured garage adjacent to the outdoor antenna range. Measurement capabilities include:
- AM Radio (off air measurement)
- FM Radio
- Digital Audio Band (DAB), L Band and Band III
- Television (VHF and UHF)
- Remote Keyless Entry ( RKE), all frequencies
Activities at Delphi's Automotive Antenna Test Facility are conducted by a highly trained and experienced staff that understands the challenges facing manufacturers today. Services are conducted according to industry standards and designed to meet individual customer schedules and enable competitive costs. Professional, experienced account management provides customers with single-point contact to streamline test coordination.
The Automotive Antenna Test Facility offers quick turnaround time and maintains customer confidentiality. Delphi supports customers who do not have in-house testing, or require "overflow" testing services.
Antenna Test Range at Delphi’s Automotive Antenna Test Facility in Brighton, Michigan, U.S.A.
Technicians conducting signal reception tests at the Automotive Antenna Test Facility.
Control Room near base of Vehicle Turntable at Antenna Test Range
The Delphi Automotive Antenna Test Facility offers the following:
- Source tower for terrestrial transmission:
- Adjustable probe elevation (up to three meters) to meet customer test requirements
- Automated polarizer reduces development time
- Selectable 30- and 60-meter positions over asphalt to meet customer requirements
- Turntable for in-vehicle testing:
- 24-foot diameter (7.31 meters), suitable for long wheelbase vehicles
- Continuous rotation
- 10,000-pound vertical load, suitable for large trucks
- +/- 0.1° position accuracy for consistent measurements
- ≤ 2 rpm for reduced development time
- Control room:
- Environmentally controlled
- Line of sight to far field mast and turntable
- Security camera views entrance and test area to provide protection for sensitive vehicles
- Three large double bays
- Security system with backup power
- Heated and lighted
- Adjacent to outdoor antenna range
- Access via secure roadway
The Delphi Advantage
Delphi's Customer Technology Center Michigan supports hundreds of customers worldwide in the design, development, testing and validation of their products. It is certified to ISO/TS 16949 Standard for Supplier Quality Management Systems. It is part of Delphi’s network of state-of-the-art technical centers around the world.
Delphi is a leading global supplier of a broad range of technologies with manufacturing facilities located in more than 30 countries. Delphi's products are engineered to meet the rigorous standards of the automotive industry, but Delphi technologies are also used in many other industries. We leverage a rich heritage and extensive technical knowledge to offer customers an array of innovative, cost competitive solutions.
Antenna Test Facility Manager
Delphi Electronics & Safety
Customer Technology Center Michigan
3000 University Drive
Auburn Hills, Michigan 48326
Telephone: 248.836.0953 or 810.433.2417