Residential and Commercial HVAC/R
Delphi MCHX® Outdoor Heat Pump Coil
The Delphi MCHX® Outdoor Heat Pump Coil is being developed to provide a cooling function when used in a warm ambient environment and a heating function when used in a cold ambient environment. It is available for commercial slab applications and under development for applications requiring bend coils.
The Delphi MCHX® Outdoor Heat Pump Coil design will allow it to operate efficiently in both condensing (cooling) and evaporating (heating) modes. In heating mode, the heat pump coil is designed to operate in temperatures ranging from sub-freezing up to 60°F (15°C). In situations where the ambient temperature is only slightly above freezing and the coil could be subjected to frost, the coil will operate in a frost-removal mode.
The Delphi design leverages the benefits of more than 25 years' experience with developing micro channel heat exchangers for automotive air conditioning systems. That same experience and expertise back Delphi's complete lineup of heat exchangers for the residential and commercial markets. They include the Delphi MCHX® Condenser and Delphi MCHX® Evaporator.
Delphi produces more than 37 million heat exchangers every year. A suite of proprietary computing systems provides the ability to model components as well as entire systems. Delphi's heat transfer simulation capabilities help ensure an optimally designed system for nearly any application.
- High energy efficiency
- Helps original equipment manufacturers meet high SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) and HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor) requirements
- Aluminum construction yields high durability and is easy to recycle
- Substantial refrigerant charge reduction compared to tube and fin designs, enhancing environmental friendliness and helping reduce operating costs
The Delphi MCHX® Outdoor Heat Pump Coil is suited for use in the following:
- Residential air conditioning/heating (outdoor units)
- Commercial cooling/heating applications, including chillers and rooftop units
- Heating units
The Delphi MCHX® Outdoor Heat Pump Coil, like all Delphi's heat exchangers, uses brazed aluminum construction and is based on the unique micro channel technology, which consists of three components: a flat micro channel tube, fins and two refrigerant manifolds joined together in a single coil. The design provides greater efficiency than traditional mechanical tube and fin heat exchanger designs.