Gasoline Engine Management Systems
Delphi MT05 Engine Control Module Series
The Delphi MT05 Engine Control Module (ECM) Series is a family of electronic devices that assist the control of engine management systems for small engines by instantaneously measuring multiple events enabling "real time" adjustments of fuel, air and spark to help the engine operate efficiently, reliably and economically. The MT05 ECM Series offers manufacturers a low cost solution for 1-cylinder and 2-cylinder engine control, especially those that must meet Euro 3 emissions standards. The Delphi MT05 ECM Series features an up-integrated design that reduces weight and wiring, and its small package size enables chassis mounting flexibility.
- Low cost, small size controller with 16-bit microprocessor technology
- Enables electronic fuel injection to help manufacturers meet emissions standards, increase fuel economy and improve performance
- Small package size uses a standard FR4 circuit board enabling mounting flexibility and manufacturing flexibility
- Optimized connection system design
- Software and microprocessor can be configured to meet specific customer requirements
- 16-bit, 40 MHz microprocessor with up to 256K flash memory enables high-speed processing
- Electronic fuel control for 1-cylinder and 2-cylinder fuel injection applications
- Electronic spark control with 1-cylinder and 2-cylinder spark applications
- Support for either electronic spark timing (EST) or integrated ignition coil drivers
- 36-way (18 + 18) dual connector system provides dual cavity connection and helps dressing of the harness
- Advanced feature functions include:
- Closed loop control with Idle Air Control (IAC)
- Heated oxygen sensor
- Serial communication feature flexibility: Controller Area Network (CAN) or KW2000
- Compact, waterproof designs allow packaging flexibility
- E85 compatibility
The Delphi MT05 Engine Control Module Series is designed to support most 1-cylinder and 2-cylinder gasoline engines, such as those designed for motorcycles, motor scooters, lawn and garden equipment, stationary gasoline generators and "power sports" products such as personal all-terrain vehicles. The controllers are compatible with gasoline and gasoline-ethanol blended fuel programs.
The Delphi MT05 Engine Control Module Series offers features that can help manufacturers meet emissions regulations while helping them improve performance and increase fuel economy. The Delphi MT05 ECM enables enhanced cold weather start-ups and helps extend engine life.
Delphi's unique understanding of the complete engine management system and its full range of major component development capabilities contribute to superior component design and cost-effective systems.
The Delphi Advantage
Delphi offers the benefits of 30 years' experience in high volume engine control module design and manufacturing. Delphi can provide customized IC design, manufacturing and analysis. Delphi can provide an engine control module or a complete system with software, algorithms, calibration and other options.
As a global leader in engine management systems technology, Delphi can help manufacturers around the world meet emissions requirements, improve fuel economy and enhance performance. Delphi is a source for high value solutions and our systems expertise is built into every product. Delphi's flexible engineering approach encourages collaboration. And, Delphi has a thorough understanding of automotive markets around the world and a global network of resources.