Delphi Diesel Unit Pump Common Rail Systems
Delphi Diesel Unit Pump Diesel Common Rail (UPCR) Systems are an innovative engine management concept that leverages advanced common rail technology — a proven "green" strategy — for small to medium diesel engine programs. The first generation system offers manufacturers a cost-effective, robust solution to help them achieve optimal fuel efficiency and meet stringent emissions standards, such as Euro 4. Delphi is developing a second generation system to help manufacturers meet emissions standards for Euro 5, Euro 6 and beyond.
Key features of the Delphi Diesel UPCR System include fast solenoid diesel injectors and a common rail, a program-tailored engine control module (ECM), robust unit fuel pump with an inlet metering valve, as well as an efficient, low cost fuel filter.
- Low cost engine management system designed to provide the necessary high value essential to the market success of entry-level market products and economy segment vehicle programs.
- Compact package size enables relative ease of application in very small engine programs.
- Light weight system contributing directly to CO2 reduction.
- High system pressure achieves high efficiency and excellent engine performance. (Up to 1,600 bar system pressure for the first generation system and 2,000 bar and above for the second generation.)
- Proven, compact fast response solenoid diesel fuel injectors are capable of up to five injections per cycle. The multi-injection capability enables precise tuning of combustion to help meet emissions, fuel economy and noise targets.
- Simple, robust unit pump provides reliable performance and contributes to an overall economical system cost.
- All-new engine control module options include a low cost, limited function ECM (DCM 2.5) and a full function module (DCM 3.x) to help meet the manufacturer's specific program targets.
- The UPCR System is able to drive devices such as a turbo-charger (fixed or variable), an exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve and intake throttle control. Air management capability helps meet emissions standards, such as Euro 4, with the first generation system and up to Euro 6 and beyond with the second generation.
Delphi's second generation Diesel Unit Pump Common Rail System is in development.
The Delphi Diesel Unit Pump Common Rail Systems are specifically designed for 1- to 4-cylinder engine applications. They are ideal for small engine vehicles destined for emerging markets and for entry-level or mid-level vehicles that will be marketed in developed regions. They are also well-suited for other non-automotive diesel engine products such as small agricultural and industrial equipment.
The first generation Delphi Diesel Unit Pump Common Rail System is in production. The second generation system is in development. Contact Delphi for further information.
Delphi, the recognized industry leader in diesel injection technology, is applying the proven benefits of a common rail strategy to small diesel engines to help manufacturers enhance the fuel efficiency of their products and help them meet stringent emissions standards.
The Delphi Diesel Unit Pump Common Rail Systems feature state-of-the-art, reliable Delphi diesel injection technology and Delphi's patented fuel control strategies:
- Accelerometer Pilot Control (APC)
- Speed Pilot Control (SPC)
- Individual Injector Characterization (I3C)
Delphi's APC or SPC enables the injectors to deliver the precise amount of fuel over the life of the vehicle. Delphi's I3C helps the engine operate with optimum efficiency and enables the ECU to be precisely calibrated with the injection system.
The Delphi Advantage
Delphi is a world leader in innovation, design and manufacture of diesel engine management systems and components. Our best-value conventional solenoid light duty diesel common rail system and our innovative Diesel Pump Common Rail Systems are examples of our ingenuity. Delphi offers a wide portfolio of diesel engine technologies for light duty, medium duty and heavy duty applications.
As a global leader in engine management systems technology, Delphi can help manufacturers meet emissions requirements, improve fuel economy and enhance performance. Delphi is a source for high value solutions and our systems approach is built into every product. Delphi's flexible engineering approach encourages collaboration. And Delphi has a thorough understanding of markets around the world and a global network of resources.