Fiber Optic Connectors
Delphi Hermaphroditic Connectors
Developed to meet the stringent demands of outdoor applications and to provide superior optical performance, Delphi Hermaphroditic Connectors also allow concatenations (linked together in series) of cable assemblies to extend equipment separation without concern for connector male / female interface compatibility. Additionally "blind mating" and "scoop-proof" features insure easy to mate interconnects.
- Available in 4, 6 and 12 channel configurations
- Singlemode and multimode capabilities
- 4 channel complies to SMPTE (Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers) Standard 358M-2001
- Plug-to-plug in-line cable linking system
- Utilizes Delphi's field proven termini
- Full environmental sealing
- Military pierside and tactical field usage
- Petroleum field exploration
- Field deployed equipment
- Optical insertion loss:
- 9/125 SM fiber: 0.25 dB avg.
- 62.5/125 MM fiber: 0.6 dB avg.
- Operating temperature: -54°C to +85°C
- Cable retention: 400 lbs. minimum (depending on cable construction)
- Mating durability: 1000 cycles
- Terminus retention force: 22 lbs. minimum
The performance characteristics above are for reference only and may not account for all the variables that would be present in an actual application. For detailed product performance information, contact Delphi.