Who We Are
Delphi Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) is the doorway to a leading global supplier of electronics and technologies for automotive, commercial vehicle and numerous adjacent markets. Delphi delivers real-world innovations that make products smarter and safer as well as more powerful and efficient. We provide entrepreneurs, strategic partners, government agencies, and others access to a wealth of disruptive technologies which displace established technologies for use in creating spinout ventures and startups with reduced market risk.
We are much more than an automotive company. Our technological expertise is applicable to a diverse range of fields, including consumer products, defense, homeland security, aerospace, biotech, electronics, and industrial. We recognize that one of the best ways to extract value from the research and development is to make these technologies available to better serve our society by licensing them to startups.
DTI works closely with:
- Other strategic partners
DTI's activities are targeted to develop spinout companies based on our most disruptive technologies.
Spinouts are able to take advantage of Delphi's preliminary work, which frequently includes developing compelling technologies to proof of concept stage, or prototype, conducting validation testing, and even putting them into production. Delphi is highly skilled at developing strong value propositions for new technologies. These pre-commercialization efforts—undertaken by Delphi—help companies minimize their technology and market risk while maximizing value. Delphi’s award-winning spinout technologies can help entrepreneurs and strategic partners develop viable, profitable spinouts based on technologies developed by Delphi.
Among the successful spinout companies aided by Delphi are:
- SpaceForm: Commercializing the revolutionary DRW metal welding technology developed by Delphi, this new company is changing how space frames and components are designed and built. SpaceForm is developing applications for the automotive industry to help reduce the weight of vehicles and enhance components and subsystems. SpaceForm is also part of a multi-year, multi-million dollar NASA grant under the Man to the Moon and Man to Mars expeditionary missions.
- Monarch Antenna: Self-structuring antenna technology is being advanced by Monarch Antenna to improve the reliability of wireless links in consumer, industrial, and government communications devices. The technology is the result of a five-year research and development effort between Delphi and Michigan State University. Monarch Antenna, in collaboration with a leading industrial sensor company, is launching its first antenna for advanced smart wireless monitoring systems for power plants.
Delphi has a growing portfolio of disruptive technologies that are available for further market development, including:
In order to help facilitate the creation of spinout companies, Delphi has developed close working relationships with a number of organizations that bring added value to the process, including:
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Automation Alley
- Wayne State University/Tech Town
- Michigan State University
- NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration)
DTI Technology Spinout: Award-Winning Performance
- Midwest Technology Leaders "Corporate Commitment to Michigan" Award
- Small Business Foundation of Michigan "Intrapreneur Extraordinaire"
Contact us to learn more about how Delphi can help you create a spinout company and add a new game changing asset to your portfolio.