Fuel Injection Pumps
Delphi DP310 Rotary Mechanical Diesel Fuel Injection Pump
The Delphi DP310 Rotary Mechanical Diesel Fuel Injection Pump is based on the Delphi DP210 Series. It is a viable alternative to electronic control for diesel engine applications up to approximately 129 kW that must meet EU Stage 3A, U.S. Tier III and equivalent emissions standards. The DP310 Injection Pump’s performance capability includes improved injection timing control, enhanced fuel/torque curve shaping and improved pump-to-pump timing.
The main components of the DP310
Injection Pump include:
inlet with inlet pressure variation and fuel viscosity compensation
pump with pressure regulator
pumping element with enhanced filling capability
system with reduced high pressure volume
cam ring with scroll plate filing control
- Injection timing control with increased light load advance travel
running advance for operation at low engine coolant temperatures
backlash drive shaft with increased shaft locking torque and improved
- Plus and minus torque
trimmer with excess fuel provision
or anti-clockwise drive
control for turbocharged engines
generator set governing
generator set governing conversion capability
- Bio diesel compatible
for quick fitting, low pressure connections
design for low ratings and indirect injection (IDI) applications
valves to attenuate return pressure waves in high pressure lines
- Light load advance enhancements are designed to help meet EU Stage 3A, U.S. Tier III and equivalent emissions standards for engines up to approximately 129 kW. Retarded full load injection timing reduces nitrous oxide (NOx) emissions, and light load advance travel capability to 28° engine maintains misfire margin at part load. The light load advance is set on each pump and the speed advance is controlled by a fixed stop at rated speed to provide advance consistency. The advance response rate is optimized to help prevent transient misfire.
- Torque curve shaping provides delivery capacity up to 120 mm3 of fuel per pumping stroke and enables higher levels of torque backup.
- An available solenoid actuated cold advance helps prevent misfire when the engine coolant is low.
- Precise methods of measuring and setting injection timing help meet U.S. Tier III emissions requirements. Once the pump is set, the drive shaft can be clamped using an improved locking method.
- Available industry-standard adaptors for quick-fitting connectors provide low pressure system connection to the inlet and backleak of the pump. The advance box enables packaging in confined engine installations.
- Transient advance control retains additional advance during fast load transients to help eliminate white exhaust smoke during acceleration.
- Optimized elastomer seals throughout the pump enable bio diesel fuel compatibility.
The Delphi DP310 Rotary Mechanical Diesel Fuel Injection Pump is suitable for three-, four- and six-cylinder engines in off-highway applications. It can be used in naturally aspirated and turbocharged engines, with or without charge air cooling.
The basic operating principal of the Delphi DP310 Rotary Mechanical Diesel Fuel Injection Pump is the same as the highly successful Delphi DP200, DPS and DPA fuel injection pumps. Fuel enters the pump and is raised to a pressure of up to six bar for proper control of fuel quantity and timing. Between injections, fuel is fed through a control (metering) valve into the distributor rotor center. At full fuel, the valve is held open and the pump delivers maximum fuel quantity. It is regulated by the maximum displacement of the pumping plungers and controlled by movable scroll plates. A maximum fuel curve shaping device (torque trimmer) is designed specifically for each engine application to optimize fuel delivery at any engine speed. At lower engine loads, fuel is controlled via the governor, which throttles filling of the pump. During the pumping phase, the plungers are forced inward causing an injection pulse to travel from the pump to the injector in the engine cylinder via the delivery valve and high pressure pipe. Timing of the injection is controlled or altered by rotation of the cam relative to the pumping plungers and drive shaft.
The Delphi Advantage
Delphi is a world leader in innovation, design and the manufacture of medium duty diesel fuel systems. Delphi offers the benefits of many years' experience in the medium duty diesel market and a long history of working closely with manufacturers. Delphi medium duty diesel fuel systems can be found on millions of engines around the world.
As a global leader in engine management systems, Delphi can help manufacturers around the world meet emissions requirements, improve fuel economy and enhance performance. Delphi is a source for high value solutions and our systems expertise is built into every product. Delphi's flexible engineering approach encourages collaboration. And, Delphi has a thorough understanding of automotive markets around the world and a global network of resources.