Cables and Wiring
Delphi Cable Portfolio
The Delphi Cable Portfolio includes an extensive range of optimal products to match the demanding requirements for most wiring applications, depending on the performance characteristics desired. Since many variables are considered for actual applications, Delphi can assist with helping to define the appropriate selection criteria for choosing the ideal cable suited for the need.
Delphi is continually developing new and improved cable technologies to help both passenger and commercial vehicle manufacturers to meet real world challenges and objectives for material cost reduction, weight reduction, robustness, reliability, reduced reliance on copper and environmental friendliness.
The following cable-related options and associated combinations are available:
- Temperature requirements
- Up to 105°C (T2, Class B)
- Up to 125°C (T3, Class C)
- Up to 150°C (T4, Class D)
- Higher temperatures are available
- Insulation materials
- PVC (polyvinyl chloride)
- XLPE (cross-linked polyethylene)
- PP (polypropylene)
- PPE (polyphenylene ether)
- HF (halogen free) options are available
- Conductor materials/sizes/construction
- Bare and plated
- High strength alloys
- High strength alloys
- High purity aluminum
- 0.13 to 50 mm2
- 26 gauge to 00 gauge
- Smaller sizes can be developed to suit customer-specific needs that support miniaturization
- Symmetrical and asymmetrical
- Flexibility / ease of bending
- Wall thickness of insulation materials
- Ultra thin wall
- Thin wall
- Standard wall
- Designed to comply with current industry standards, including:
- SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers)
- JIS/JASO (Japanese Industrial Standard/Japanese Automotive Standards Organization)
- ISO (International Standards Organization)
- Various OEM applicable specifications
- Environmental considerations, such as:
In addition to the wide cable portfolio choices listed above, Delphi can provide specialized options.
- Complete portfolio offering
- Expertise and experience in cable construction and electrical/electronics system design
- Global manufacturing capability
- State-of-the-art, lean and flexible manufacturing systems
- Automated assembly processes, enabling the trend toward miniaturization to reduce the size and weight of products
- Global accredited, in-house testing and validation
- Technical support with a systems perspective
- Participation on global cable and wiring industry standards committees and activities enables a comprehensive understanding of industry requirements
- Products and processes to enable mass reduction
- Miniaturization initiatives and material selections help reduce weight and bundle size to reduce fuel consumption and CO2 emissions
- Robust and reliable performance
- Can withstand physical abuse, including resistance to pinch, abrasion and flames
- Durable throughout the product life cycle
- Environmentally friendly processes and end products
- Decades of proven field use
Conductor materials include copper and aluminum.
Various gauge sizes are available.
The Delphi Cable Portfolio can be used for primary and battery cable applications for both interior and exterior vehicle applications, for the following:
- Passenger vehicles, including hybrids and electric vehicles
- Commercial vehicles
- Specialty applications
For detailed information for your specific application, contact us at delphi.com/contact.
Many of Delphi's conventional cables have decades of field proven use. Samples may be available for specialized options. Contact Delphi for further information.
The Delphi Advantage
Delphi has the benefit of a long history of cable design, development and manufacturing expertise and offers one of the widest portfolios of wiring. Delphi is one of the world's leading automotive suppliers of advanced wiring and cable products, producing more than 6 million km of cable in one year. With a strong commitment to engineering and technology and our ability to manage complexity with smart engineering, Delphi is already at work on the next generation of robust, reliable wiring and cable while driving innovation through miniaturization and automation.
Delphi delivers real-world innovations that make products smarter and safer as well as more powerful and efficient. We can provide safe and reliable cable solutions for the life of a vehicle. Our cable portfolio enables connectivity throughout many vehicles — from passenger vehicles to on-road light, medium and heavy duty trucks as well as off-road and specialty vehicles. Our green approach allows us to manufacture cable that is lighter, smaller and environmentally friendly
As a global leader in electrical/electronic architecture, Delphi is a source for high value solutions and our systems approach is built into every product. Delphi's flexible engineering approach encourages collaboration. Delphi has a thorough understanding of markets around the world and a global network of resources. We offer complete electric/electronic architecture design and components beyond cable and wiring, including connection systems, electrical centers, and more.