Transmission Management Systems
Delphi TCM8 High Feature Transmission Control Module
The Delphi TCM8 High Feature Transmission Control Module is an electronic device that assists in the control of automatic transmissions to help them operate more efficiently and more reliably. It offers a wide range of up-level features and the software can be easily tailored to meet a wide range of specific customer program requirements. Its robust design allows under-the-hood mounting, while its compact size also enables passenger compartment mounting.
The Delphi TCM8 High Feature Controller offers precise actuator control and provides manufacturers with flexibility for multiple applications. Software modifications help optimize vehicle performance while controlling both pulse width modulated and linear solenoid designs. Its high speed controller area network (CAN) communication system enables multiplexing, while flash programming provides in-vehicle memory updates.
- Solenoid control:
- Linear or pulse width modulated (PWM) with current feedback
- 32-bit, 80 MHz microprocessor with up to 1.5MB integrated flash memory and 56Kb data RAM enable high-speed processing.
- Facilitates upgrade of a manual transmission to automatic transmission without changing the engine control module.
- Small package size uses a standard FR4 circuit board enabling mounting flexibility and manufacturing flexibility.
- TCM8 input/output interface and hardware input/output software can be configured to meet specific customer requirements.
- Mounting location flexibility:
- Under-the-hood, or passenger compartment
- Dual controller area network interface for vehicle and instrumentation communication.
- Compact, waterproof designs allow packaging and mounting flexibility.
- Single right angle single connector offers optimized design and increases harness and mating connection flexibility.
- Flexibility for increased feature functions with additional low- and high-side driver capabilities available
- CAN vehicle communication with CCP protocol for calibration instrumentation. Keyword 2000 or LIN are also available.
- Full-function operation capability:
The Delphi TCM8 High Feature Transmission Control Module is suitable for most 4-, 5-, and 6-speed transmission programs. It can also be used to support clutch-to-clutch and free-wheeling transmission programs.
The Delphi TCM8 High Feature Transmission Control Module includes state-of-the-art functions that can help vehicle manufacturers meet demanding performance targets, higher-level fuel economy requirements, and very stringent emissions regulations. The module features a configurable PWM and linear solenoid drive architecture that helps minimize the customer's investment in the development of new tooling and engineering costs for tailoring drive systems.
Delphi's unique understanding of the complete powertrain management system and its full range of major component development capabilities contribute to superior component design and cost-effective systems.
The Delphi Advantage
Delphi offers a wide portfolio of transmission management components and complete turn-key solutions. Delphi offers electronics, sensors, software and algorithms. Delphi offers the benefits of more than 25 years' experience in high volume powertrain control module design and manufacturing, and can provide customized IC design, manufacturing and analysis.
As a global leader in engine and powertrain management systems technology, Delphi can help manufacturers around the world meet emissions requirements, improve fuel economy and enhance performance. Delphi is a source for high value solutions and our systems expertise is built into every product. Delphi's flexible engineering approach encourages collaboration. And, Delphi has a thorough understanding of automotive markets around the world and a global network of resources.