Delphi Performance Pack Connection Systems
The Delphi Performance Pack Connection System is designed to meet high vibration performance standards for commercial vehicle and automotive applications. The 1.2 mm Performance Pack connectors have designed-in leading technological advances, including:
- Low profile connector lock
- Cradle-shaped cavity and terminal
- Cassette-style seal
- Integrated strain relief
The connector housings are applicable to sealed, unsealed, in-line, and device applications. They are designed to deliver cost-effective, world-class vibration performance in both commercial vehicles and automobiles. Utilizing Performance Pack male and female tin plated terminals can provide vibration performance that matches or exceeds other systems which use precious metal platings.
Delphi Performance Pack connectors meet or exceed USCAR-2 (United States Council for Automotive Research) severe vibration profile .
- Superior vibration performance using tin terminals
- Improved vibration resistance may eliminate the need for precious metal plating
- Patented, cradle-shaped cavity and wedge design to enhance vibration performance
- Terminal profile angled to match cavity
- U.S. Patent number 7,438,585 — Electrical connector terminal housing
- Vibration rating: Severe
- 30 Grms for tin
- 65 Grms for silver
- Minimizes contact movement between male and female terminals
- Small package size
- Patented, low profile connector lock
- Optimized packaging for sealed, shrouded connectors
- Integrated into connector shroud
- Ensures a tight connector-to-connector fit
- U.S. patent number 8,043,106 — Low profile socket connector with flexing lock arm
- Robust 1.2 mm connection systems package smaller than many 0.64 mm connection systems
- Incorporates patented Flexible Beam Technology (FBT) for high reliability and quality
- Uses a rigid lock to provide the terminal primary lock
- A flexible beam opposite the lock holds the terminal against the lock and provides audible and tactile feedback during terminal installation
- Patented electrical ring out fixtures with FBT utilize the relationship between the electrical ring out pin and the lock ramp to verify terminal position and presence in the cavity. This is in contrast to other systems that only verify terminal presence.
- U.S. patent number 7,252,553 — Ring out system providing terminal position assurance
- Terminals plug in 180° orientation, improving harness assembly time
- Smooth, rounded terminals allow plugging through the matte seal
- Provide self-indexing/correction
- Several platings available
- Gold flash palladium
- Same terminals are used for sealed and unsealed applications, enhancing versatility
- Connector position assurance/sleeves available for severe vibration applications
Delphi 1.2 Performance Pack cradle-shaped tin terminal
Two views of a Delphi Performance Pack two-way female connector, featuring a low profile lock
Two views of a Delphi Performance Pack two-way male connector featuring cassette-style plug-through seal
Delphi 1.2 Performance Pack connector with connector position assurance/sleeve to minimize connector-to-connector movement
Electrical ring out fixtures with flexible beam technology utilize the relationship between the electrical ring out pin and the lock ramp to verify terminal position and presence in the cavity. This is in contrast to other systems that only verify terminal presence.
The Delphi Performance Pack Connection Systems are suited for in-line and device connection applications in automotive and commercial vehicles. Specific applications areas include:
- Exterior lighting applications
- Inverter control modules
- Throttle body
- Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR)
- Other areas with severe vibration requirements and/or limited package space
Certain initial product offerings are available now. Other sizes are in development. Contact Delphi for further information.
|Cable range ||0.35 - 1.0 mm2 |
|Current range ||0 - 12 A |
|Temperature range ||-40°C to 125°C |
|Resistance ||<12mΩ @20mV |
|Voltage drop || <15mV/A |
|Centerline spacing – unsealed ||2.54 mm* |
|Centerline spacing – sealed ||2.54 mm* |
|Blade width |
|1.2 mm |
Terminal-to-terminal engage forces:
Mates to 0.80 mm blade
|3N tin-plated |
The general application guidelines above are for reference only and may not account for all the variables that would be present in an actual application. For additional detailed product performance information, contact Delphi.
*3.0 mm spacing required for 1.0 mm2 cable
Delphi Performance Pack Connection Systems provide high vibration performance without the need for precious metal plating on the terminals in a robust, size-optimized package. They also reduce part numbers and tooling requirements, improving assembly processes and reducing costs.
The Delphi Advantage
Delphi is one of the world's leading automotive suppliers of advanced terminals, connectors, sealing, wiring and cable products. Delphi's deep understanding of various connection system technologies and the company's vast research and development capabilities have enabled continuing innovation.
Delphi is a source for high value solutions and our expertise is built into every product. Delphi has a thorough understanding of markets around the world and a global network of resources. Delphi relies on its global capabilities, consistent processes, and extensive testing to develop and manufacture a comprehensive offering of terminals, connectors, sealing, wiring and cable products. The result is that Delphi provides customers with robust, reliable products and world-class quality.