Delphi United States
Leveraging our core technologies, we provide individual components as well as complete systems for the automotive industry and beyond. Your career can be as diversified as Delphi. If you seek ongoing project variety, skill development and career progression, look to Delphi. We continue to diversify our customer base and enter new global markets, creating an environment that is dynamic, resilient and growth-oriented. We are excited about the increasing demand for our team's wide-ranging knowledge and expertise exhibited across all our major business lines. Learn what Delphi USA has to offer!
Delphi can trace its roots back over a century to the earliest days of the American auto industry. Today, the United States is home to more Delphi facilities than any other nation. Delphi's Troy Offices & Customer Center are found in Michigan. A bustling suburb of Detroit (known worldwide as the "Motor City"), Troy is just one of several locations nationwide with plenty to offer Delphi employees.
Building on our heritage as an automotive supplier, Delphi has emerged as a world leader in mobile electronics and transportation components systems and technology. Today, we are leveraging that expertise into other markets, including commercial vehicles, appliances, components for medical equipment, and more.
Our facilities have the conveniences and tools necessary to safely, efficiently, and consistently produce high-quality products.
Delphi develops and produces a wide range of products in the United States, including:
- Advanced engine management systems
- Comfort and convenience systems
- Connection systems
- Diagnostic and repair systems
- Emissions control systems
- Entertainment and mobile multimedia systems
- Fuel cell systems
- Hybrid vehicle components
- Safety and security systems
The Customer Center at our Troy Offices is unique. The 17,000 square foot facility is divided between meeting areas and a product display room that focuses on demonstrating Delphi's integrated systems capabilities, creative technology solutions, and global partnerships.
Delphi offers a variety of testing services at several locations in the United States, including:
Delphi employees in the United States are active in their communities. Many of our activities are focused on the areas of:
- Education. FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) is Delphi's signature educational program. Dean Kamen, renowned inventor and entrepreneur, established FIRST to generate as much enthusiasm and excitement around science and technology as there is at a typical high school football game. When Delphi engineers serve as FIRST coaches to student teams, or as judges of FIRST competitions, they are helping instill a passion for engineering in young people. In 2010, Delphi sponsored eight teams: three in Indiana, two in Ohio, two in New York and one in Michigan.
- Community Relations. Delphi's spirit of giving is hard at work in the communities where we have facilities. One example is participation in Relay for Life, community-based events designed to raise money for the American Cancer Society. Another example includes the Delphi Foundation donating $15,000 to the American Red Cross in 2012 to support relief efforts associated with the ongoing impact of Hurricane Sandy.
- Volunteerism. Employee volunteerism is at the heart of all community-focused activities. One example is Delphi engineers participating in the National Society of Black Engineers Annual Engineering Fair by demonstrating Delphi technology to students.