Leveraging our core technologies, we provide individual components as well as complete systems for the automotive industry and beyond. Your career can be as diversified as Delphi. If you seek ongoing project variety, skill development, and career progression, look to Delphi. We continue to diversify our customer base and enter new global markets, creating an environment that is dynamic, resilient, and growth-oriented. We are excited about the increasing demand for our team's wide-ranging knowledge and expertise exhibited across all our major business lines. Learn what Delphi India has to offer!
Ancient civilization meets the world of tomorrow in India, which delights the senses and challenges the imagination with its bustling, colorful cities, charming villages, magnificent temples, lush and tropical locales, and centers of industry and high technology.
Here, in this vast nation — one of the world's largest democracies — Delphi employees are exposed to a diverse culture and rich history as they help deliver real-world innovations that make products smarter and safer as well as more powerful and efficient.
Delphi India was incorporated in April 1995 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Delphi. It operates in several locations, including four manufacturing facilities located in Chennai, Greater Noida, Dharuhera, and Gurgaon, a technical centre in Bangalore and the Delphi – TVS joint venture in Chennai. Delphi India employs a local workforce of highly skilled personnel intensively trained at Delphi facilities both in India and abroad.
Delphi facilities boast the conveniences and tools necessary to safely and efficiently produce the high-quality products that help make Delphi a leading global supplier of electronics and technologies for automotive, commercial vehicle and other market segments. Delphi India facilities are steadily increasing product engineering capabilities to keep pace with the increasing prevalence of electronics in vehicles.
Delphi India is linked into the global Delphi engineering network. Web-enabled design and development tools enable the company to keep projects moving forward around the clock.
Located in Bangalore, Delphi India's Technical Centre India (TCI) has emerged as the largest Delphi technical center outside of the United States. TCI complements Delphi's strong manufacturing base in India and in the rest of the Asia Pacific region. Advanced engineering activities at Delphi India's TCI include:
- Embedded software — Embedded software is integral to technological leadership for many of Delphi's fastest growing product lines, such as diesel common rail engine management systems and advanced mobile multimedia systems.
- Mechanical engineering — In addition to expanding the electronics lab for testing and verification, Delphi India's TCI includes a mechanical engineering lab.
- Product engineering — By expanding its scope into product engineering, TCI can now offer a range of engine controls for both gasoline and diesel engine management systems, along with additional mobile multimedia products.
- Design and engineering — TCI enables Delphi India to provide support for fuel handling systems and engine management systems.
Delphi India has an engineering and manufacturing center where there is a strong focus on localization of engineering validation and manufacturing capabilities. Delphi is the first wiring harness manufacturer in India to be certified for ISO TS/16949 and ISO 14001. Supplying products to major original equipment manufacturers in India as well as exporting to North America, Delphi India specializes in the design, development as well as mass supply of electrical/electronic distribution components and systems. Delphi India is also involved with bi-fuel, CNG (compressed natural gas) and gasoline engine management system activities. Delphi produces a wide range of products at its facilities in India, including:
- Electrical/Electronic Architecture Products
- Electrical centers
- Wiring harnesses
- Electronics & Safety Products
- Battery chargers
- Body computers
- DC-DC converters
- Li-Ion battery packs and power boxes
- Navigation systems
- Start-Stop systems
- Traction inverters
- Powertrain Products
- Engine management systems
- Evaporative emissions canisters
- Fuel modules
- Fuel pumps, including modular reservoir fuel pump assemblies
- Throttle bodies
- Thermal Products
- Condenser assemblies
- Heat exchangers
- HVAC (heating, ventilating, and air conditioning) modules and systems
- Lines and hoses
- Powertrain cooling systems
Delphi is devoted to providing original equipment quality parts and services to the Indian aftermarket. Delphi Product & Service Solutions (DPSS) has an authorized wholesale distributor's sales outlet in Coimbatore, India. The sales outlet at Stanes Motors Limited features hands-on displays of Delphi's complete product portfolio available for purchase in the Indian aftermarket and offers automotive replacement parts as well as vehicle audio/video products.
Delphi aftermarket products are distributed through national, regional and sate level distributors reaching to over 5000 distributors/retailers in India. Wholesale distributors also support Delphi's aftermarket products across India, making products available in many cities.
- Aftermarket Products
- Consumer electronics
- Evaporative canisters
- HVAC products
- Oil filters
- Radiator coolants
- Steering products
- Suspension products
- Vehicle electronics
- Wiring harnesses
Our customers and community have recognized Delphi India's commitment to improvement, quality, health and safety, and the environment. We are proud to have received the following awards:
- "2008 Cost Effectiveness Award" from Tata Motors for supplying high-quality and cost-effective electronics and safety products for the Tata Nano platform
- "Overall Performance Award" from Maruti Suzuki (2008)
- "Haryana State Safety & Welfare Award, 2006" with first prize for "Longest Accident Free Period" in the small scale industries category
A broad range of career opportunities are offered for both experienced candidates and recent graduates with bachelor and advanced degrees in engineering, business, and science with emphasis on:
- Manufacturing design and system analysis
- Software application and development
- Research and development designing
Delphi has been slotted as a "Day 1" organization by students during the campus placement season in the country's top business and engineering schools, which include the Indian Institute of Management and Indian Institute of Technology. A rigorous selection process is conducted to recruit new talent and then new entrants obtain cross-functional exposure to nurture the leaders of tomorrow.
Delphi India celebrated "World Environment Day" where a wide variety of environmental and energy activities and contests helped employees become more aware of how to make a positive impact on the environment. A tree-planting ceremony kicked off the festivities and employee family members asked questions about the environment and energy.
In 2010, Delphi's sites in India celebrated "National Safety Week" with a theme of ensuring a safe and healthy working condition for every worker. Various activities took place including creative, hands-on activities and competitions about health and safety, a safety items exhibition, and training regarding basic fire safety and emergency preparedness.
As a part of corporate social responsibility, Delphi India employees participate in many worthwhile activities to benefit others, including:
- Visiting children at New Delhi schools and also donating uniforms, cooking oil, flour, rice, beverages, etc.
- Supporting blood donation camps, held at the operations where plant management coordinates the events with the help of the Red Cross India and the Round Table Charity Organization
- Donating wheelchairs and spending time at the Indian Spinal Injury Centre
- Working with children at the Government Juvenile Home in Bangalore